about

12/Keyword%20Discussion/ticker-posts

Week of 11/12 - 18, 2023: Insights

 

This article will continue to be updated until the weekend.

Changes in Behavior:

  • Recently, influenced by reading Kafka's "The Castle," I have developed an interest in existentialism and purchased several books.
    These include Yuval Noah Harari's "Homo Deus,"
    "Man's Search for Meaning" by Viktor Frankl,
    "The Study of Good" by Kitaro Nishida,
    "Japanese Spirituality" by Daisetz Teitaro Suzuki,
    "Consciousness and Essence" by Toshihiko Izutsu,
    Friedrich Nietzsche's "Thus Spoke Zarathustra,"
    "Notes from Underground" by Fyodor Dostoevsky,
    "Integral Life Practice" by Ken Wilber,
    and "The Phenomenology of Spirit" by Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel.
  • For the first time, I bought a foreign book in hopes of getting it translated for my Kindle. I left the diagrams to GPT-4.

Inklings & Insights: 

  • I'm interested in the creativity born from dialogical conflicts. Apart from Socrates and Hegel, Nietzsche and Kitaro Nishida also address conflicts, seeming to embody the conflict itself. I believe this is true for both Ken Wilber and Yuval Noah Harari as well.
  • I don’t write my blog with the intention of creating conflict. However, I do write straightforwardly about the value I find in conflicts. Personally, my feelings resonate somewhat with Viktor Frankl. While my experiences are incomparable, I merely report on them — conveying what I find personally meaningful. This includes the realization that meanings I once held dear may indeed be meaningless.