about

12/Keyword%20Discussion/ticker-posts

Week of 10/29 - 11/4, 2023: Insights


This article will continue to be updated until the weekend.

Changes in Behavior:

  • Experiencing an Altered State of Consciousness Distinct from Typical Flow (Concentration):"I usually have a sense of 'self' that engages in metacognition. I recently felt as if I was observing this 'self' from a compassionate perspective, as if in a conversation. Shortly after this realization, the back of my eyelids became brightly illuminated in white, and I experienced a soft atmosphere filling from my chest to the top of my head.
  • Throughout my journey with introspection, I've noticed a profound shift in my experience. Lately, my meditation has focused on halting both thoughts and their absence, as well as emotions and their absence. This isn't merely about stillness—it's about allowing phenomena to flow without interference or judgment. It's a state reminiscent of '無念無想' in Japanese, denoting an environment of no thoughts and no distractions. I believe this closely aligns with what many describe as self-transcendence.
  • I have organized my experiences in the order of adult development theory.
    Related Articles:【Tracing My Journey: Reflections Through the Lens of Ego Development Theory (EDT)】

Inklings & Insights: 

  • Integrates with Wilber's theory of integration