about

12/Keyword%20Discussion/ticker-posts

Week of 10/22- 28, 2023: Insights


This article will continue to be updated until the weekend.

Changes in Behavior:

  • I reconsidered the stages of mental growth in developmental psychology. I thought about the degree of psychological defense and metacognition, especially in light of the stages beyond self-actualization.
  • I was given permission by myself to call myself the project designer. I created a homepage for that purpose.

Inklings & Insights: 

  • I decided to try Kafka's ``The Castle'' straight.
  • While reviewing materials explaining the stages of development, I personally cross-checked each stage to see which of the nine stages resonated with my past experiences. I believe that the "Unitive" stage, as described by Cook, represents moments when I engage in "multi-layered metacognition."
    Reference: [Ego Development: The Nine Stages of Increasing Embrace by Suzanne Cook-Greuter] https://integraljapan.net/articles/JTA2018EgoDevelopment.htm
  • I understood the evolution mentioned by Wilber as akin to Hegel's dialectic, resembling the "Aufheben" process seen in the evolution of matter, life, and spirit.
  • At the moment, my metacognitive process is quite intriguing. When I'm dreaming, it feels like I'm actively analyzing the dream itself. Partway through, I start piecing together the story, even speaking it out loud sometimes. And during this recounting, I occasionally catch inconsistencies or feel that something's off about how I'm interpreting things. It's like I'm thinking about how I'm thinking, even in my dreams.
    In short, there's a part of me that has opinions about the "me" analyzing my dreams within the dream.