about

12/Keyword%20Discussion/ticker-posts

Communication Styles Angles on Anxiety: A Reflection of Anxiety Coping Mechanisms

Overview

Handling Anxiety: My Insight - Navigating between ideals and reality causes unease. I identify with three styles: Adventurous, Self-Preservation, and Apathetic.

Recognizing emotions is intricate; impatience may signal deep fears. Withdrawing often conceals anger and sadness dynamics. Such anxiety behaviors influence team.


Communication Styles Based on Handling Anxiety: My Perspective

In my case, one of the causes of the various emotions stemming from anxiety is when I feel both the ideal and the reality. To avoid a future I dread, I start to think about wanting to control the external environment in the direction I envision.

To me, when seeking harmony, I feel there are primarily three styles. I choose among them based on the situation, but I believe that when there are "fewer features," the condition is better and more balanced.

  1. Adventurous Style
  2. Self-Preservation Style
  3. Apathetic Style

When I feel impatience or a pressing sense, or when I believe there might be a correct answer somewhere, or choose to distance myself from the situation, I speak to my own heart, saying, 'You're worried, aren't you?

Three Faces of Anxiety: Understanding Personal Coping Styles

Adventurous Style:

  • Seeks new challenges and changes when feeling anxious.
  • Tends to feel boredom first.
  • Often displays impatient and grandiose attitudes.
  • Frequently blames oneself (internalizes responsibility).
  • Accepts ambiguity and uncertainty, favoring fresh perspectives and approaches.

Self-Preservation Style:

  • Seeks safety when feeling anxious.
  • However, you may feel more anxious when you feel safe.
  • Often exhibits conflicted and timid attitudes.
  • Frequently blames others (externalizes responsibility).
  • Relies on facts and data, preferring reproducible information.

Apathetic Style:

  • Withdraws from proactive actions and decisions when anxious, showing disinterest or detachment.
  • Deeply understands others' emotions and backgrounds but avoids putting oneself forward.
  • Displays an accepting attitude, but can also be passive-aggressive.

Understanding Anxiety: Navigating Emotions and Personal Communication Styles

Identifying emotions directly in real time is a very sophisticated skill. I reason from a database of experience.
When I become impatient with the pace, my initial thought is that it's likely stemming from an underlying fear of not being able to accomplish what I aim for. Such anxiety might spread to others, taking a toll on them.
When I'm seeking a more definitive answer, I might be feeling a direct sense of anxiety. I could already be in a place of stability; it's just that there's this underlying feeling of unease within me, and perhaps nothing else is amiss.
When I distance myself from others and adopt a passive stance, I associate it with anger lurking in the shadows of relaxation. And the profound sadness beneath it all.


The active tendencies stemming from anxiety, characterized by boredom and restlessness, are psychological defenses. The stakeholders' reactions to such leadership were "resonance of anxiety," "amplification of anxiety," and "defense against anxiety." It causes teams to become skeptical and defensive.

現在の資本主義競争社会におけるバイアスのかかった社会においてエクストロバート型を唯一のコミュニケーションスタイルと信じて疑わない状況がある。自分の話を聞かせたいエクストロバート、人の話を聞くことができるイントロバート、従来のリーダーの適任とされるのは前者とされてきたが、近年では後者の「引き出す力」に注目が集まり前者を凌ぐリーダーとしても可能性が示唆されている。 

In the modern competitive capitalist society, which tends to be biased, the extroverted style of communication is often viewed as the only effective method. Extroverts, eager to share their own stories, and introverts, skilled in listening to others, have their distinct roles. Historically, extroverts have been deemed more suitable for leadership roles. However, in recent years, the ability of introverts to "bring out the best in others" has gained attention, suggesting that they may very well surpass their extroverted counterparts as leaders.

Reference:【コミュニケーション能力 - Wikipedia】 https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%82%B3%E3%83%9F%E3%83%A5%E3%83%8B%E3%82%B1%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B7%E3%83%A7%E3%83%B3%E8%83%BD%E5%8A%9B